Thursday, October 04, 2012

Drums of Autumn


Outlander Series: Drums of Autumn
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Source: Lauren
Days to Read: 14

Ohhhh the Outlander series. This is the 4th book in a series of 8 rather long books - but I do love them! I read the first 3 a year or so ago and needed a little break. My friend Lauren absolutely loves these books so she encouraged me to get back into it and to read the next one.

Drums of Autumn picks up where the previous book, Voyager, leaves off. Claire and Jamie are living in the American Colonies in Jamie’s time and their daughter, Brianna, has begun to research her father in her own time. For a time travel book, you never get confused with what time period you are in. Brianna eventually discovers a newspaper article that tells of her mother and father’s untimely death. After learning this she is determined to find her parents and warn them, perhaps saving their lives if she isn’t too late. The majority of the novel is Brianna crossing through time and searching for her parents and then her life unfolding when she does find them.

I am looking forward to reading the next installment of this series however, as always, I have a large pile of books on my bed side table that need attending to first!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment