Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Lost Girls




The Lost Girls
Author: Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner
Source: Our book club book, chosen by Lauren
Days to Read: 2 weeks

Lauren picked our next book club book, The Lost Girls. This book is a journal of sorts in which 3 women decide to take a year-long trip around the world. I wasn’t sure if I would like this book. I thought there was the potential for it to be kind of boring but I was pleasantly surprised. Now it isn’t in my top 10 favourite books but for non-fiction it was pretty entertaining.

The 3 women have tons of adventures and visit some really interesting places. In one chapter, I actually thought to myself that I would like to visit this place they were describing (I think it was Lima, Peru).
One other thing to note was that it was really smooth switching between chapters/writers. All the chapters are written similarly so you don’t feel that it is really choppy or that you have to get re-accustomed to the new author’s voice.
I wonder what my fellow book club members will think! Our next meeting is July 18th so I will find out soon enough!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment