Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let Me Hear Your Voice


Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family's Triumph Over Autism
Author: Catherine Maurice
Source: Several of my professors
Days to Read: 5

I recently have begun a post-graduate program in Autism and Behavioural Science. After working for 4 years in the business industry I was ready for a change. I knew I wanted to work with and help people and have always been interested in the brain and how it functions. With an undergrad in Psychology and having heard good things about this program, I decided to enroll and change my path!

Within the first week of classes I had heard at least 3 of my professors refer to this book in the lectures. Basically, it is written by a mother of 3 children, 2 of which were diagnosed at a very young age, with Autism.

Now maybe I am slightly biased as I have a particular interest and am currently immersed in the subject matter but I do think it’s a great book for everyone to read. It not only provides a non-professional’s take on what autism is but provides a personal experience and is written extremely well. Catherine Maurice also does a very good job at describing what Behaviour Analysis is and compares it to other “treatments” that are out there.

I have told all my friends in my class to read it and my parents and now I’m telling you!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment