Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Book Club

I am so excited that my goal of starting a book club is finally happening and with plenty of interest to boot! Next week, 10 of my closest girl friends will get together for the inaugural meeting of our book club. There is much to be discussed; frequency of meetings, schedules of hostesses, whether we should take turns supplying wine and appetizers (I am confident this motion will be approved!) and the general format of how we want to structure our meetings.

Anyone that knows me is aware that I like to plan. This book club has presented a wonderful opportunity to do just that. I am trying not to go too over the top demanding a minute book, designated secretary and chairman of each meeting and set agenda with discussion questions.  I can just as easily go with the flow and general consensus, I think! However I will insist that some structure is incorporated to keep us focused and allow us to stand the test of time. I cannot wait to look back 10 years from now when we are all settled, married, possibly have kids but still manage to get together every few months to catch up and discuss a passion we all share, books.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment