Thursday, November 29, 2012

I See You Everywhere

I See You Everywhere
Author: Julia Glass
Source: Mom
Days to Read: 8
Wine Pairing: N/A

I thought this book was going to be a heart-warming story of sisterly love. It didn’t quite turn out to be that type of book. Louisa and Clem are two very different people who were never really that close. Louisa seems to have some very bitter feelings towards her sister and envies her personality traits that she lacks: adventurous, attractive and interesting.

The book is about their ever-changing relationship through adolescents to middle age. When Louisa is diagnosed with breast cancer I thought there would be some profound connection or moment that would bring the sister’s together but it seemed to just fall flat.

This is one of those books that has the potential to be really good but I just never felt attached to either of the characters and to be honest, Louisa was kind of annoying (she is so negative!). The final event in the book is a tragedy and again, it fell flat and left me with many questions (but not the good, thought provoking kind).

I don’t think I will give this book a wine pairing because I don’t highly recommend it, perhaps it would go best with a light, watery beer?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment